Friday, May 29, 2015

...and they lived happily ever after.


Hello my dear friends!!!  Currently I'm working on my new fashion sketchbook and here is a sneak peek from some of the sketches I've done. To able to translate ideas in to something visually new is magic! It takes so long to make an easy flowing painting, to make sure the ideas and execution is done effortlessly... I hope it shows here...

Sometimes I wish I could close my eyes, tap my heels 3 times and land in the one of my San Francisco and Napa Valley, CA inspired illustrations.  I always will love SF!  I found great inspiration but so little time on my trip, I would like to return again by the end of summer .... or maybe Fall.  My husband and I will be in Beverly Hills again in September, so perhaps we will take another wine tour in the Southern California .... or another Balloon Ride:)  It was a lot of fun and very romantic.

If you like to see my pictures from that trip, I posted daily updates in my instagram @ lanasartstudio
I found it more convenient to unload my art process/daily inspiration on IG and it is easier to keep in touch with my followers as well.   So, please follow me there and leave a comment if you have any advice on your social media experiences.

And as always I love to see your feedback for my work, and especially for the custom pieces.
( you can contact me directly at lanasart@yahoo.com about custom paintings... but during the summer month spaces are limited)

Most of the time I'm so involved with my work, and don't often enough remember to thank you who trust in me. You are the reason for why I do what I do, and I'm so grateful for all your comments and feedback - it means a lot to me! with love, Lana

15 comments:

  1. The one in black and white is my favourite, and I love seeing your creations and adventures on Instagram, they always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marieken for your appreciation and I love to see you photography on IG as well. Always admire your keen eyes findings, especially the architecture in your home just gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. I love the silhouetted couple. They look so joyous and free! Beautiful pieces, as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natasha! When I created those pieces I thought abut you! they have those feelings like the Hawaiian life ... is it?

      Delete
  3. Lana, I'm so glad you enjoyed your trip and had a great time in SF. I've only been there as a child, but loved it too! Your paintings are masterpieces! I love the melancholy mood of the third one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so interesting! Over this few years as "blogosphere friends" we learn so much about each others :) just from our posts ( ahh) ... so how is a Paris trip? I was happy to know that your sick day only been for one day!!! Yeahhh!!!!

      Delete
  4. The women in your pieces are always so beautiful :)
    And I love the silhouette of the couple with the sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is so beautiful! I love SF too and love your trolley piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharla for your lovely comment! I'm glad you are feeling better!!!!

      Delete
  6. шикарные акварели

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seriously love your work! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome:) Watercolour is such a hard medium to master too. I find it harder than oil paints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry...just noticed you used inks, which I also find hard:P

      Delete