Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Lost dear friend and companion


 
Starting this week with a ton of catching up to do as last week we lost a dear friend, our little dog Nikki (in the foreground in the picture above).  If you follow me, you probably know she was with me for 17 wonderful years, but unfortunately the time had come to say goodbye.  I am reminded that Father Time is undefeated and in this case it is surely true.  She was my walking partner and sweet companion for all those years and we all will miss her a lot! 
I had to take a few days off to regroup. Though I must admit, staying distracted and busy helps me to somehow begin to get past our loss, otherwise I would be overwhelmed thinking about how sad it really is to lose her.  The grieving process is difficult but necessary, otherwise it has a way of forcing its way out on its own.
I will be back shortly with more lovely news and updates! Happy weekend ahead my friends! xx, Lana

17 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss Lana, the painting is a wonderful tribute to Nikki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marieken! I was debating on posting this , but I'm glad I did.

      Delete
  2. Oh Lana, I'm terribly sorry. Losing a furry friend is one of the most difficult things in life.
    ((Big Hugs)). I know my Angel dogs and kitties will welcome Nikki at the rainbow bridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... this is a sweet to know that she has no more pain and back to her happy play time... (( more Hugs back))

      Delete
  3. What a little sweetie! I'm sure she had a wonderful life with you. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaw, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Seventeen years is a good while to spend, though. She will be missed, and this kind of loss is difficult. So I'm glad you took a couple of days off. Thanks for sharing these lovely photos with us, as it's a great tribute to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! Seventeen good happy years sounds like forever, but looking back it was like a short time... she was a very sweet girl... and this is a first Christmas year for us without her. She used to like to open present first... and play with all those wrappers :)

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss of Nikki. It hurts so terribly bad when our furry kids have to go to the Rainbow Bridge but that pain can never erase the happy memories shared with them. You'll be in my thoughts. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry your loss. I cannot imagine how bad it would hurt losing such a beloved pet. She was lucky to have you (and you her I am sure).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica for your kind comment! She was a very special member of our family, and will be sadly missed!

      Delete
  7. I'm so sorry that you lost your friend! This painting is gorgeous and Nikki was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear this sad news! Hope you're ok!

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the water color painting, but I'm also so sorry for your loss!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete