Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Keep Moving to a Deep Fall

Pin It    Happy Tuesday everyone! 
I hope you had a wonderful and restful weekend and ready for the workweek!  I did!  Today I packed all my 'sold' paintings from the weekend, sent the free print to the lucky winner in California from my free print give-a-way, signed up for a photography class at SCAD -  so look for new improved photography and photography tips soon! 



If I can touch a life, if through my paintings I can show something previously unseen, if I can reveal something old in a new way, if I can enrich a soul on its own journey - I feel complete. 
"Secret Garden" series is a concentration on new composition, and an impressionistic approach to a  floral motif. I wanted the flowers in this composition to exit the picture plane, to spill off of the canvas. I utilized the muted cool colors which helped to "set up" an opportunity to make the much stronger coral colors really "pop". In this case the buyer requested that the bright colors and flowers remain the main focal point of the composition.  



well, I'm really happy with how it turned out! What are your thoughts?   
 Love to hear from you! xx, Lana


7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you so much...I'm looking forward to learn something new! It is night time architectural photography in Savannah! I feel like this town specifically beautiful at night...it is so much history there.

      Delete
  2. Thanks, I would love to...see you there:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lana, your artwork always cheers me up! Such positive energy!
    The photography class sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know with a photography I'm far...far...far away from you girls....but I hope I will learn something to keep up with you eventually:) You photo of a book today Duni so inspiring!

      Delete
  4. I absolutely love the Secret Garden series. So soft and dreamy, and the way the colors run down the page makes for a really neat composition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Holly for your lovely comment! I want to make my blog even better in the next year and would love to see your input on my work!

      Delete